This section details various Acts, and offences and common laws that are commonly used by Police officers.
The Police Legislation is updated frequently to keep you informed with the new laws in the UK.
Police Information aim is to raise awareness of the range of health and safety legislation that applies to workplaces in Great Britain. It has been created to:
- help users discover specific legislation that applies to their industry.
- explain how to trace and obtain Acts and regulations.
- provide links to organisations that can offer advice and guidance on legislation
The resources below is to provide a quick and easy point of reference for police practitioners who want to find out about the legislation.
A Selection of important UK Acts and Information
- Anti-terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001
- Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- Criminal Justice Act 1988 (c.33)
- Criminal Justice Act 2003
- Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000
- Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001
- Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act 1995
- Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Private Security Industry Act 2001
- Police Act 1996
- Police Publications and Related Information
- Police Reform Act 2002
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- The Police (Scotland) Regulations 2004
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- Road Traffic Act 1988
- Road Traffic (Driver Licensing and Information Systems) Act 1989 (c. 22)
- Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 (c.53)
- Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005
- Terrorism Act 2000
- The Police (Complaints and Misconduct) Regulations 2004
- The Police (Conduct) Regulations 2004
- Vehicles (Crime) Act 2001
- Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994
- Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999
Join the Police Forum where you can discuss the current issues and Police Legislation with real Police Officers