Application Form - Scottish Forces
Here you will find information on how to join the UK Police Service.
The Application Form
The first step in the process is to complete the initial application form. Many forces now allow you to download these forms from their web site. You can find the web sites of the Scottish Forces.
- If you can photocopy the application form first and have a practice run at filling it out. This will allow you to make your mistakes on a copy and help you make a better job of the original form.
- Complete the form in BLOCK CAPITALS using BLACK INK.
- Try and be as neat as you can, as your application form is the first impression the force will get of you.
- Ensure you fill the form in completely and answer all the questions truthfully. If you are honest then you are more likely to succeed than if you are not and are found out!
- Please ensure you complete any Equal Opportunities forms that are enclosed.
- If you suffer from colour blindness you will not be accepted. If you think you may be colour blind you can try these Online Colour Blindness Tests as a guide but If you have any doubts about your vision you should consult your optician or your doctor.
- You may have to submit a visual acuity test with your application form, depending on the force you are applying to join.
- Always keep a copy of your application form for reference purposes.
- Check out your eligiblity to see your chances in joining the police.
- Print off and Complete the Application Form
- Print out and Complete the Equal Opportunities Form
- Print out and Complete the Managing Attendance Form
You may supply additional sheets of information, which must be securely attached to your application form. However, only information relevant to the questions asked in each section of the application form will be considered. Do not submit CV's as they won't be taken into account.